Tuesday, November 7, 2017

My PBL

This is my Asian giant hornet I made with newspaper and paper machete, the wings are made out of cardboard.

The  learning muscle I used was imaging muscle because I needed imagine what it would look like when I am fished.

The most challenging thing was making the body because we had to make the body out of news paper and scrunch it up to the right size.



INTRODUCTION - WHAT THEY ARE
The Asian giant hornet aka (yak killer)is a type of hornet ,they look like a wasp but 10 times bigger. It has huge mandibles (mandibles are the big jaws on there head)that are used for eating their prey and a 6mm long stinger for defence. It's yellow and black colouring makes look like a regular wasp but when you get closer you can the huge mandibles and huge body. It has furry legs and big compound eyes. Asian giant hornets can reach speeds up 25mph. It is the biggest hornet in the world and it can kill over 42 people in over a 12 months/year .



No comments:

Post a Comment